Friday, April 24, 2015

at Warung Tinggi

Walking throughout Grand Indonesia, craving a Cappuccino, I called at...

Warung Tinggi, a nice, elegant style and well-finished spot.
Wood is everywhere, suffused lighting, background music...

The long counter, with registers and bar, is surrounded by several kind of seats: mulberry couches beside oblong wooden tables, grey chairs and round white marble bar-tables.

You can choose between central hall or smokers room and, after I ordered my "beloved beverage", I took a sit in a corner of the first one to have a good sight of both the barista and the place too.

A smiling lady helps drink to the table and, yes, that's my turn!

Presentation aligns with all the Criteria: classic white cup, metal spoon, two different kinds of sugar and no-cocoa on the top.
No pattern, it doesn't matter, I'm looking for quality!
At first sight, I thought: what a likable foam! 
But, after the first sip: temperature is completely wrong!
I almost scalded my tongue, I cannot feel the flavour because the milk is too hot and my papillas are inhibited.
Alas! I had very big expectations from the coffe-shop having the name of the historical Warung Tinggi: the only positive thing, along the presentation, is the foam.
This Cappuccino is not creamy at all because of high temperature and it ruins the taste of the Espresso too. 
The mixture leaves much to be desired.



In the end, Warung Tinggi is a place that I liked for its ambience and design but their Cappuccino needs to be improved.

Vote: **
Price: IDR 33K

Warung  Tinggi
Grand Indonesia Lantai 5
Jl. MH. Thamrin no. 1
Jakarta Pusat 10310 

No comments:

Post a Comment